This change, effective 10/08/2019, is targeted to override the instructions in the PHL SOP until 11/15/2019.
The purpose of this Mandatory Briefing Item is to clarify the procedures to use during the PHL Runway closure/Taxiway Construction happening during 2019.
As always, if you have any questions feel free to ask any ZNY staff member on Teamspeak or Discord.
PHL Taxiway Closures (2019)
Philly is undergoing some taxiway repaving and construction that will be ongoing until the middle of November 2019. Additionally, 3 Runway closures are in effect during off-peak hours of operation until the middle of October
- If at any point, a pilot requests runway 8/26, 17/35, or 9L/27R in lieu of the runway closure, the runway should be issued without question.
- This MBI may be disregarded at EC, PHL FC, TA, ATM or DATM discretion during events to help increase arrival rate.
- Controllers are to include the following text in voice ATIS:
- If using VRC Voice ATIS: "Runway 8/26, 17/35, and 9L/27R closed during the hours of 0300-1000 Zulu. Available on request only. Taxiway E between Taxiway H and Runway 9L/27R Closed. Taxiway K between Taxiway F and Runway 17/35 Closed."
- If using vATIS, use the following in the NOTAM section: "RY 8/26 CLSD. RY 17/35 CLSD. RY 9L/27 CLSD. AVBL ON RQST."
Runway and Taxiway Closures
Temporary PHL Airport Map
with closed taxiways and runways marked in RED or Orange (see color definitions to the left).
- From 10/07/2019 until 10/10/2019 during the time period of 0300 to 1000Z (11PM - 6AM EDT) the following runways (marked with ORANGE color):
- Runway 8/26 will be closed and unavailable for aircraft to use for landing and departure
- Runway 9L/27R will be closed and unavailable for aircraft to use for landing and departure
- Runway 17/35 will be closed and unavailable for aircraft to use for landing and departure
- From 09/10/2019 until 11/15/2019 the following taxiways will be closed (marked with RED color):
- Taxiway E between Taxiway H and Runway 9L/27R
- Taxiway K between Taxiway F and Runway 17/35
New Departure and Arrival Procedures during Runway Closure Period
In association with the runway closure, all aircraft should expect ILS Runway 27L or ILS Z Runway 9R, Visual Approaches are approved provided weather conditions are VMC.
All Departing aircraft should expect to depart runway 27L or Runway 9R. Standard departure procedures for Jet and Prop aircraft apply.